I’m the Tamamamma

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just a little rambling about nothing in particular

I haven't blogged in a long time, so I figured I better sit down and do it. Notice my ever-changing profile photo. It is really, really, hard to take your own picture and actually like it. I've probably taken 20 pics of myself and I look at them and go "ewwww!". I think this one is pretty good though. I'm ordering my Stampin' Up starter kit tomorrow so I am getting ready to start my second blog "Stamptacular Stuff" and I thought I ought to have a profile pic for that without kids in it.

Anyway, you moms out there may be interested in this. We're all trying to feed our kids healthy food, but it's really hard. Most kids want to eat Mac and Cheese several times a week. Well, I found this great thing! WalMart sells Kraft Whole Grain Mac and Cheese. It's 50% whole wheat and my kids have not mentioned a thing about it. Ya gotta try it. Aren't I a Bloggin Dork--taking pictures of mac and cheese?

Today is the kids' hundreth day of school. It's a big deal these days. They do all kinds of counting activities and have a party and everything. I'm going to help DS's class make 100 pancakes. Should be fun. I'll take some pics of it. His teacher also sent home a paper called "100 things that make you amazing". Great idea in theory. I love DS with all of my heart, but filling that out was really hard. I finally gave up on filling in every blank and wrote "I LOVE YOU" really huge across the open slots! Whew!

What's up with all the homework kids have anyway? As a teacher, I was never big on it unless we couldn't finish something up at school. The kids that wasted time usually had to take stuff home. But I didn't assign homework just to give homework. DD#1 brings home a math worksheet every day but Friday and also has to read (with me, since she can't read yet). DS brings home two math worksheets, practices spelling, and is supposed to read 20 minutes (again, with some help). It's quite the ordeal! Thank goodness we don't have any extracurricular activities.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool idea with the mac and cheese. I agree with the homework thing. This year hasn't been as bad as other years. I make my older kids read to the younger ones and then count it as both kids 20 minutes of reading! Is that cheating? I hope not. =)

Christina