I’m the Tamamamma

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Goodbye Gordon B. Hinkley

We just heard during a commercial break that Gordon B. Hinkley, prophet of the LDS church, passed away this evening at the age of 97. I'm sad to hear the news because I so greatly admired him. He is the first prophet that I feel like I really got to "know", although not in person. I loved his sense of humor, his quick wit, his young spirit, and his willingness to be in the public spotlight. He will be greatly missed. I am happy, however, that he is now reunited with his wife. Rest in peace.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl,
I am a little sad but also a little happy for him. Yesterday we had ward conference so we had the opportunity to sustain hime as the prophet. I spent the sacrament time thinking of him, I am very grateful for that chance. He will be missed!!

Christina