I’m the Tamamamma

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Parent Teacher Conference

I forgot about DS's Parent Teacher conference a couple of weeks ago (bad mommy!). I just got going with the afternoon routine. We had friends over for the kids, and I was doing my own thing and before I knew it, we had missed it.
However, his teacher is the best and arranged a new time for us. The beginning of the conference consisted of DS reading to me from a prompt sheet his teacher had him fill out before hand. Things like "I think I'm good at....." and "I need to work on......". One prompt was "I'm proud of....." and DS said "my Dad". I'm sure she intended for the answer to be school related, but how sweet was that? She said "You must really like your Dad" and DS said "Yah...we're kind of like buddies." Awwwww. So sweet!
The wind is blowing like CRAZY today. I went to get the mail and had tears streaming down my face! Not very condusive to a fun Saturday. I needed to clean up anyway and I also got a nice long morning nap while the kids watched Pippi Longstockings. They like to listen to stories on CD in bed at night, so I got them the movie at Hollywood so that they could compare to the story.
I hope all is going well with you guys. Hopefully I'll have more entertaining blogging material for you next week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, Tam....I love D#2's haircut. You did a great job. Thanks for the entries into your blog. I'm getting to really look forward to them! Thanks, too, for the tip on the website for hodgepodge. I checked it out. I'm going to check out your Stamptacular site now. I love you!

Tamamammasmama