I’m the Tamamamma

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More St. Louis Stories

I finally got the rest of my pictures from my trip off of my camera. After we spent a couple of days with my dad and step-mom, we went to my mom's for a bit. One of my favorite places to eat in St. Louis is Steak and Shake. They don't serve steaks really, just steak burgers. They are soooooo good. They are thin and yummy and crispy on the edges. Their french fries are super skinny. The shakes are great. What more could you want? Here is a pic of my mom with DD #1 and a picture DD drew of the three of us while we were waiting for our food.


When we walked into my mom's house DD walked over to this lamp she has in her living room and touched it and said "This lamp is impressive!" We thought that was hilarious. I just had to get a picture of her with the lamp (and Great-Grandma's cane)We also went to see Enchanted together. I love that movie! My mom likes to make jewelry (as do I) and she took us to her favorite bead shop called LadyBug Beads. She had DD choose beads and a charm to make her own bracelet. I ended up making some things for myself, too. Here's Nanna and DD making the bracelet.

After that, we went by a place called ABC Trading Company. It's a Chinese-run costume jewelry place that also has purses and belts and all of that kind of stuff. Everything is really inexpensive. I got some CZ earrings along with some sparkly hair clips for the girls. We decided to get some lunch on our way to the airport, so we headed down the street. It turns out we were in a China town of sorts. Chinese lawyers, dentists, accupuncturists, food markets, and lots of restaurants. I love Chinese food and so do DD and Nanna, so we picked a cute one and went on in. Warning: this is not for the week of stomach. The menu was very authentic. They had tendon, stomach, intestine, and beef penis (yes, you read that right) on the menu! Oh, my gosh! We ordered from the more Americanized section of the menu and got Sesame Chicken and Fried Rice. It was delicious!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had fun!!! Looks like some good time with family. I think you made a good call on the chinese food menu, eeewwww!!!

Christina

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog entry, Tam, on our visit. You must be very busy because there hasn't been one since. Are you glad to know I noticed? :>) I have a question about your stamping supplies. Remind me to ask you when we talk. I'm about ready to look at the pictures of your trip on my camara. Tamamamma'smama