I’m the Tamamamma

Monday, March 17, 2008

A Litte Too Clever?

My DS walks home from school every day because we only live three houses away from the school's back gate. A few times lately he has come home frustrated because some unknowing teacher has told him that no one is allowed to walk out that way (they are just trying to keep him safe and don't realize that he really lives right over here). Anyway, the poor guy ends up having to walk three times further when they make him go around the front of the school.

Now to the funny part of the story--the part I don't want to forget. He came home one day and said that another teacher had stopped him and tried to keep him from walking through the back gate. He said that he ended up doing it anyway. I said "How did you manage that?" and he said "I just said to her "Look! A kid is running across the street!" And while she was looking the other direction, I ran!". I was totally laughing because what he had done was so unexpected and clever--and naughty! I told him that it isn't ok to trick teachers like that and I went over the next day to talk to the director about how to solve the problem. I wonder how he thought of that? My guess is that he saw it on tv! Speaking of which, springtime is coming and I want to set some tv guidelines and get him outside playing more often. Wish me luck on that one!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a little stinker!!!! Sounds like something my Matthew would do. He is too cute!!!!
I have actually seen them stop him before while I am waiting in line. i never understood why -- it is sidealk the entire way!!

Christina