I’m the Tamamamma

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Do you have great plans for the weekend? We don't : ). There's a neighborhood party tonight--that'll be fun. I'm thinking I'd like to go see Wall-E tomorrow. Other than that, I'm not sure what we'll be up to.

I've been re-reading my favorite series of books; "Children of the Promise" by Dean Hughes and it has really been fitting for this time of year. I'm at the end of book four right now--WWII has just ended and some of the soldiers are headed home. I think it's good to be reminded every now and then of the sacrifices that have been made in the past (and currently) so that we can enjoy living the carefree lives that we do. They don't always seem carefree, but compared to what others have lived through we have it soooooo easy. I am very grateful. I absolutely love the song "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood. Here's an inpiring video for you if you want to get in the Fourth of July mood

d:


Here are the fun little treats I made for the kids yesterday:

They're Lifesaver fireworks. I can't remember where I saw the idea, I picked it up from someone else somewhere.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: