I’m the Tamamamma

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ode to My Hubby on His Birthday

Yep, today my sweet DH turns 35. Yesterday we got to go out on a great date together while the kids played with their aunt for a while. Carrie's the best--she is always willing to spend time with our kids and is a great influence and example in their lives.

On the way up to Carrie's, we stopped at one of my new favorite places, Granatos. If you've never been there and you're from around here, you ought to give it a try. It's an Italian bistro/deli with all kinds of yummy imported things to buy. We got sandwiches there a couple of months ago. This time I just ran in to pick up some scrumptious ciabatta bread and tepanade (it's a spread made from olives and capers--it's totally yummy on sandwiches).
We started out shopping for the kids' birthdays which are also coming up very quickly (in fact, DD#2 turns 4 tomorrow!). We didn't have much luck finding anything we were looking for. I wanted some Lego Castle sets for DS and a Mushabelly for DD#1. Nowhere to be found. Oh, well.

Next we went to see IronMan. I'm not usually a fan of that type of movie, but I totally loved it. I'd actually like to see it again.


After that we had a great dinner at Red Robin. Yum.
So, on to my Ode to DH. It crosses my mind all of the time how lucky I am to have found him. He is kind, patient, funny as heck (one thing that comes to mind is our day at Lagoon last week when he said "Do you think they ever have Naked Day at Lagoon?"), and treats my the way every girl would want to be treated. I love that he is a good father and spends time with me and the kids. He is patient with me about my short-comings (like the fact that I tend to really take my time getting up in the mornings). He is super easy to get along with. He's a hard worker. He does a lot of freelance jobs which allows us to do and buy so many extra things--and he doesn't ever complain about me spending money on things that are just for me. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father blessed him with the talents that allow him to have such a successful career. I love you Pookey!
I'll post again tomorrow with a little spotlight on DD#2 and some cute pics of her on her birthday.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!!!! Sounds like you two had a fun date!! Yummy Red Robin and Granato's inm one day. I didn't realize how close Nathan and Kyles b-day are!