I’m the Tamamamma

Monday, May 5, 2008

Our Little "Sheep" is Shorn

Or sweet little Smuckers sheds ALL over the place. We've been talking for awhile about shaving him to see how that goes. Yesterday just seemed like the right time, so we got to work. It was quite the job. Smuckers enjoyed every minute. However, his coat is SO thick that it took quite a while to get it all off. He seems to really like it. We didn't shave all the way down to his skin because we want him to have protection from the sun. We just took off his longer "outer coat" of coarse fur. Now that his undercoat is exposed he is a lot softer, even though he looks a little funny (shhhh.....don't tell him!).

It's finally starting to feel like spring here. There are guys outside right now putting in fence posts around our yard--YAY! However, Alpine Homes put a sprinkler line right along the inside edge of the sidewalk, so that got drilled into. We'll have to repair that. Oh, well--it will be well worth the trouble.

We had a nice night out on Saturday. We took the kids to a sitter and had a YUMMY dinner at Chili's. We LOVE their chips and queso. Then we went to pick out some clothes for my birthday. It's funny how I get more and more laid back about "birthday rules" the older I get. I've actually worn all of the clothes already. Forget saving them until it is actually my birthday.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I meant to ask you today if that was your fence on the truck!! I am seriously so jealous. We need to get together this week for lunch, I'll call you.