I’m the Tamamamma

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Crazy Spring Weather

Well, we've finally had a few beautiful spring-like days to get some work done in the yard. In a couple of weeks we should have a beautiful fence around it. Yay! It will be nice to not have to worry about DD#2 when she goes out there to play. DH's big project has been a little water feature at the edge of our patio. He is almost completely done--we just need to cover some of the pond liner that you can still see. We like to open the window in the living room and hear the water outside. We picked out the plants a couple of weekends ago and this is the first time he has ever been emotionally invested in any of our plants--usually that is totally my thing. Every couple of days he says "Oh--I need to go water my plants". Never thought I'd hear those words come out of his mouth : ).
The weather continues to be totally unpredictable with a LOT of wind. Sometimes it makes it hard to sleep at night because it is rattling the windows and whistling. Last week we got some more April snowfall. I won't be suprised if we see more snow in May. I don't dare start the vegetable garden until things get more normal. Here's a little picture of the snow and the waterfall area. I'll get a better picture of the waterfall after we finish the rockwork.

2 comments:

Cassie Gardner said...

Very cool water feature. Kyle did an excellent job!

Unknown said...

I love the fountain!! I am so jealous of the fence :)