I’m the Tamamamma

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Thinking Green

Well, my Dad and Stepmom have been in Ireland for a week now, and my Mom and her friend just left yesterday. I hope they are all having a great time. I was thinking the other day that Ireland is somewhere I really need to visit someday. I have ancestors from there through my direct blood line, but my Stepdad (who has passed away) had ancestors from there and would have loved to go there. I think that's one reason my Mom was so eager to go there. In honor of Memorial Day we watched part of a taped interview with my Stepdad that we taped many years ago--that was our family home evening for tonight. I'm so glad that we made that tape because it will give my children a chance to know him.

I also think of the song "Danny Boy" when I think of Ireland. The first time my Dad and Stepmom went there they purchased some music CD's. One of them had the song "Danny Boy" on it and was especially significant to them because of my little brother, Danny. Years later when he passed away, that was the song that was played at the opening of the funeral. Hearing it now makes me sad, but also reminds me of him, so it has a special place in my heart.

Another thing I think of when I think of Ireland is sheep. I have always loved sheep. It really started when I was a teenager and I went on a country bikeride with my Dad. We approached a field of sheep and I was excited because I love any kind of animal. Then all ran away and hid behind a barn. Shyly, they slowly started sticking their heads out from behind the barn and were making their cute little "baaaa" noises. I was just totally endeared by their sweet little personalities. I'm sure my mom will think of me evertime she sees a sheep over there.

Here are a couple of pictures of Ireland to enjoy (aren't the sheep so cute?):

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ireland is on my list of places to see before I die. Those pictures are beautiful!!! I think sheep are cute too! I especially like the blackones. (Do you think that means something deep down or anything?)

mev said...

i went to ireland and my favorite part was the sheep haha. i was wondering if you could send me a bigger picture of the sheep and the tree? i really like it. i'm not gonna claim it as my own or anything though so don't worry. anyway that would be awesome if you could :)

email is: marielle_evang@yahoo.com