I’m the Tamamamma

Friday, May 9, 2008

Ahhhhhh....a Nice, Relaxing Friday.

Seriously. I can't usually say that because Friday is early-out day at school and the kids usually have other kids over to play all afternoon and it gets a little hectic. Today we had 3 different things going on at the school starting at 8:00. I took all 3 kids over with me bright and early. There were a lot of parents there--they kept announcing over the loudspeaker for people to move their cars out of parking spots that were illegal, unsafe, etc. I had to smile once again because I didn't have to drive! There are only 3 families in the entire school that live close enough to walk, so I love being able to do that.
First there was the "Moms and Muffins" event in DS's classroom. We had muffins and he read me a book that he wrote about me. It was great! Then we went over to DD#1's room for a kindergarten presentation put on for the moms. She was so cute and did a great job! Then DS was in a musical performance called "Heroes". It was great. I am so pleased by the things my kids learn at school that go beyond just the academics (although I think they're doing really well in that area, too). My favorite part was when all the kids sang the theme songs from each of the armed forces and anyone in the audience who had served in that armed force was invited to stand as the kids sang. It was really cool. I would have liked to have stayed for the whole thing, but DD#2 was being impossible, so we snuck out the back door and came home.
So, that part of the Friday was fun but not relaxing. Once we got home, though, the girls went upstairs and played quietly for about TWO hours! That hardly ever happens. I watched The Office and 30 Rock online and took a nice, long shower. Then the girls wanted to watch some TV in my room so I cuddled with them and took a nice, snuggly nap. It was great.
Now I've got to do some cleaning, but I'm actually all geared up for it now. DH got a gift card to Applebee's at work yesterday, so we're going out for my mother's Day dinner. Yum. Then we're leaving the kids with a sitter tomorrow so that we can go to Carraba's for my birthday. The big 3-6! I think 40 is going to be really weird when I get there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that my kids couldn't play then, it sounds like a fantastic afternoon. :) Have a fun weekend and happy birthday!!

wendy and brig said...

Happy Birthday Tamara, I hope you have a great birthdy and mothers day.