I’m the Tamamamma

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Shopping Extravaganza

I have been really good lately about not buying things other than groceries and all that. But, lately I've found a few things that were too cute to pass up. A couple of weeks ago I went to Dollar Tree to find some things I needed to buy for church and found some awesome Coca-Cola glasses. They were just perfect and I really loved the color, so I picked up a bunch. Then, this week DD#1 reminded me that we have not yet been to Ikea since DD#2 has been potty trained. I was needing to get out of the house anyway, so we went to Ikea to let the girls play and then have lunch. The girls had a ball and I found these plastic plates that matched my glasses perfectly. They were only a buck a piece, too! Can't beat that!
Today I went to pick up the little girl we carpool to preschool with. She had the cutest flip-flops on and her mom (Thanks, Tara) told me they were from Payless. I couldn't resist. Off to Payless we went. They were having their BOGO sale too.
As I was checking out I spotted this adorable purse and decided to get it. Love it! It's not too big, but big enought to cram a bunch of treats into next time we take the kids to the movies.

I also hit the big sale at Smith's thanks to Kari reminding me about it. I got 20 items (cookie mixes, fruit snacks, golfish crackers, granola bars) for $20--which saved me $30! My kids ought to have plenty of snacks for days to come. I might go hit the sale again in a couple of days, but a lot of the stuff will be pretty picked over. I got the last chocolate chip cookie mixes and the last princess fruit snacks (that were on the shelves anyway). I love seeing my shelves all stocked up.

Have a great day! Stop over at my stamping blog--I have a lot of new things posted as well as a Mother's Day workshop coming up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way cute purse!! I didn't know it was BOGO time!!! I must go to payless now!! Maybe this afternoon after the party. (Which I should be cleaning my house for but instead I am blogging)

wendy and brig said...

Very cute purse! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I will add you to our links as soon as Brig shows me how to do it. I hope all is going well for you and your family. We will be visiting in July so I hope we can get together.
P.S. the freeways are only worse here for my fears but I have driven on them.