I’m the Tamamamma

Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Break Trip to the Zoo

We just finished the kids Spring Break, and it was back to the routine this morning. Only about 5 more weeks to go and we can enjoy Summer break. It's so nice to not have to worry about homework and schedules (for the most part).
Last Thursday we took the kids to the zoo. It was the perfect day for it. We stopped for some yummy Cafe Rio on the way up and got to the zoo right after lunch time. Spring is a great time to go because it's not as crowded and the smells aren't as bad. The first thing we saw were the Tamarins. They were my favorite. A couple of them were running around with little babies on their backs. They were soooooo cute! DH says I only liked them the best because of their name : ).
Then we went into the monkey house and the kids had a fun time looking at this guy. He had the cutest little face and looked at them a few times but didn't seem very impressed.
The kids also like to play with this elephant. It makes all kinds of cool noises and plays music when you walk around it.
This giraffe was really funny. There were lots of people there, but it just stood in front of us and stared at me the whole time we were there. I was joking with the kids that it was giving me "the cold hard stare". They thought that was great.

We had a great time. The kids all said that they're favorite part was the playground at the end. I have to admit though, it was a pretty cool playground.

When the day was done we returned home to our very own wild animals : )

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!! I have only been there once and my favorite was the tiger. Hey kept pacing a looking at Steph everytime he walked by. I told her she must have looked like lunch. :) Glad you had a fun day!!

I heard Friday was really busy so it sounds like you picked hte right day to go.