I’m the Tamamamma

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

5 Days Left!

Can you believe it? The big day is almost here. Yay! Daughter #2 had a preschool Christmas program tonight and she was soooo cute! She had a little speaking part and they sang some songs. She did all of the typical little-kid-on-stage stuff like saying "Hi, Mom!" and asking her teacher a question really loudly during the program. She squatted down for a while and then turned around backwards to watch the other kids. So cute and fun to watch. We've got pictures but my husband will have to transfer them over at work tomorrow and then we can post some for you all.

Today we went out to eat lunch with friends and I spent a big part of the morning deciding on a Christmas craft to do with daughter #1's class at school tomorrow. The original idea given to me by the room mom was to do the candy cane reindeer with the googly eyes and pom-pom noses. Well, I went to the craft store and they were all out of every item I needed in every color as well. So, since I was at the craft store I picked up the items I needed to do this project (below). I got this idea from www.beckyhiggins.com and just had to try it. When in Rome, right?

Anyway, it was fun to do and didn't cost much. As for the class craft, we are going to make snowmen out of marshmallows (using icing as "glue"). They'll have orange tic tac noses and red hot buttons, mini m&m eyes, licorice mouths, and a hat made out of a gumdrop wreath and a taffy. Hope it goes ok, it sure was a pain rounding up all of the stuff. I guess when every elementary classroom in the state is having a Christmas party on the same day I should expect the stores to be out of the standard craft supplies!

0 comments: