I’m the Tamamamma

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cousins (of another sort)

Well, my parents all got back from Ireland safe and sound. They all had a great time. My Dad and Stepmom said that whenever they told someone their last name was "Mundy", people would say "Oh, have you heard of the singer by that name?". Turns out he sings his own version of an Irish folktune called "Galway Girl". It is a totally fun and catchy song. Give it a listen!



Anyway, turns out that while my parents were gone, I rented P.S. I Love You to watch. DH has been swamped with freelance work, so I took the opportunity to watch some chick flicks while he was busy on the computer. When I listened to "Galway Girl" I immediately recognized it from the movie. It was kind of one of those wierd ironic connections. Interesting.

When my parents got home, they received a call from my little brother's widow. She told them that it was getting really crowded in the house she's in and as much as she hated to, she needed to get rid of one of the dogs (one was my little brother's, one was hers). My parents said they would love to have Bridgett. It's kind of like having a little piece of Dan back. Bridgett is a corgi just like my Smuckers. Don't they make cute cousins? This one's Bridgett:
And this one's my Smuckers:
My love of corgis all began with this book by Tasha Tudor that I had when I was growing up:


Notice the corgi in the lower left corner. They were all through the book, and I always thought they were so cute. Many years later, when my little brother got married, he called to say they had bought some dogs. He told me that he had driven many hours to get a Corgi. I thought it was pretty cool that we were both drawn to the same breed because we had never discussed it before. So, after his accident, I saw corgi puppies in the paper and convinced DH to drive me down to Nephi to "at least take a look". Well, how can you pass up utter cuteness? I was a little nervous when we first brought him home, but now I couldn't imagine not having him. He's the perfect little dog (except for the shedding!)

3 comments:

Ken Craig said...

Tamara,

Saw your comment on my blog and had to come check out yours! SO fun to browse through the pictures and see what you are up to. Your kids are, as they say in the biz, stinkin' cute! Adorable. And you and Kyle seem perfect.

If you have a second, shoot me an email! katieandken@mac.com. I would love to hear how and what you're doing! Thanks for leaving a comment! It was a really neat surprise. Made my day.

Ken

Angie said...

Hey girly!!! I found you in the blogging world. I was just talking about you the other day. I hope all is well, and that you love your new home. Id love to hear from you, and im adding you to my friends so I can keep up wiht you. Angie

Anonymous said...

TJ,

I loved seeing both of the Corgis together. Someday we have to arrange for them to meet.

Dad