I’m the Tamamamma

Monday, June 16, 2008

Super Busy Weekend!

Too bad I forgot to take my camera anywhere! I could have had some great pictures to share--oh, well. On Friday, my two oldest finished their Level 1 swimming lessons. They totally loved it--even though we froze most days. I think we only had 3 days of good weather out of the 10 days of lessons. They can both float now and are very proud of themselves. We're taking a couple of weeks off and then they will do another 2 weeks of lessons. At that point, they should actually be able to swim. Fun stuff!

Anyway, I knew that the last day of lessons was just a free swim day. However, no one told me that the free swim was for family members too. I also had no idea that the free swim was from 9 to 12. So, poor DD#2 and I sat at the edge of the pool in the hot, hot sun waving to the other two playing in the water. The pool is too far from home to just run back, so I ended up getting the wet kids in the car, racing up the street to Shopko, buying a suit for me and DD#2 in record time, and heading back down to the pool. We ended up having a great time playing together--totally worth the hassle. AND, what a bonus, I actually really like the suit I bought. Totally cute.

DH wanted to head down to Fairview for a visit with his parents and some jeeping up in the mountains. He drove his jeep, I took the van, and we headed down. We haven't spent the night there in ages because the kids just can't settle down for a good nights sleep when they're all wound up. Last time we tried, DS kept tickling DD#1 and we kept telling them to calm down or we'd head back home. Finally, DD#1 yelled down to us "He wouldn't stop tickling me and I peed a little on the bed!". Ugh. We drove home at 10:30 that time. This time they were really good. DH and I went in there to supervise until they fell asleep. I think they were totally exhausted from the jeep rides. We all came home sunburned and tired.

DH's parents rent out part of their land to farmers who need to keep livestock somewhere. Right now they have horses. I rode out on the four wheeler with Uncle Jon to feed them some carrots. There was one that really, really enjoyed our company. If we would move away from it to look at something else he would slowly work his way over to us again. He liked to be so close that he was almost touching us. It was really cute--wish I had a picture of that!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for shopko! I forgot that you took them to Orem so I was confused for a second :)We have a Shopko nearby?!
Sounds like a fun weekend -- except teh peeing the bed part :P