I’m the Tamamamma

Friday, November 7, 2008

What is a Peanutopolis?

My brother Mike is currently working in Kabul, Afghanistan (he is "Kabul Architect" on my sidebar)--I know that sounds crazy, but he is well protected and this has been a great career move for him. He'll be home again in January after a 12 week stretch in Kabul and then he'll go back. His entire commitment will last a year. It has been interesting to read about the culture there and the people he is getting to know.

This morning he sent this picture. I don't know about you, but the word "Peanutopolis" brought something totally different to mind, so I was really suprised when I saw the picture. The soda can is pretty interesting too:

5 comments:

KabulArchitect said...

Doesn't that look just like a Diet Coke can? Tasted like one too... Yuck!! (I only drank it for the caffeine.)

Thanks for promoting my blog!

Unknown said...

Very interesting!! Sounds like a very cool job -- I will have to go and check it out :)

Now I need a snickers and a Diet coke :)

Laura said...

Your brother is still as unique as he was when we were kids!!! It looks like a Diet Coke and Snickers. That sounds like a well balanced lunch to me!

Kari said...

haven't you seen words like that on the back of snickers here?

6Whittiers said...

I am so glad to have your blog, its great fun! And so fun to keep up with people that would be hard otherwise. I will keep checking on you!!