I’m the Tamamamma

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Tag

I was tagged by Hollie at The Traylor Park Blog with this Christmas tag:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I'd use all bags if everything fit in them
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the week of Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Between Christmas and New Years Eve.
5. Do you like eggnog? No. A sip or two is ok, but not anymore than that.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My brother made me a doll house one Christmas--but it was for animals because I didn't like dolls. I was a tomboy.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband
8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself : )
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes--two of them. My mom buys us a new piece each year. This year I got the star backdrop to the Willow Tree set.
10. Mail or E-mail Christmas cards? Mail--in fact, I need to get some of your addresses so I can send one out to my blog friends, too.
11. Worst Christmas gift ever recieved? I plead the fifth
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Either "It's a Wonderful Life" or "A Christmas Story". They're so different, it's like comparing apples to oranges.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In October. I'm pretty much done by Thanksgiving. It's just because I like to shop so much!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No--I can't hold on to things I don't want for that long. We've given back some White Elephant gifts just to be funny. There are a few things that show up in the white elephant exchange each year--one is a framed picture of Kyle's face and another is a giant pair of underwear.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mmmmm.....there are too many to name! I like to make a big breakfast Christmas morning with maple sausage and french toast.
16. Lights on the tree? Definitely. But only white ones, and not the blinking kind.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I'm not sure. I like the Hallalujah Chorus a lot.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay at home. But, we can get a little bored here all by ourselves, so this year I think we'll get tickets to that new Adam Sandler movie and go see that in the afternoon sometime.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, Rudolph---not sure that's all of them.
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I like to let the kids open one present on Christmas Eve--especially if we're just home for the evening.
22. The most annoying thing about this time of year? Feeling overscheduled.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I added a lime green ribbon this year to match my living room. The rest is gold and red. I like to go to Target the morning after Christmas to get really cute, cheap stuff for the next year.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Lots of finger foods, like at my dad and stepmoms house when I was growing up. Wings, little smokies, dips (seven layer dip and dill dip in a bread bowl), and Christmas cookies for dessert!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I always pick out my own things--I like to. This year, I picked out a California King comforter set because the king sets are never wide enough to cover a king matress. We are also getting family pictures taken (we've never done it before--I'm so excited)!

I tag anyone who is looking for some blogging material!

1 comments:

KabulArchitect said...

Gee I just had that dollhouse out of the box last time I was at mom's for my kids to play with.

You missed Dancer. For what it's worth, "Donner & Blitzen" is German for "Thunder & Lightning."