I’m the Tamamamma

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Leave a Freaking Comment Day!

I got this marvelous little idea from my friend Christina. Any of you who have a blog know how fun it is to see comments waiting for you. I know my readers are there because my traffic feed tells me so. I would love to know who you are! Celebrate "Leave a Freaking Comment Day" by leaving me a comment! It only takes a minute, and it would make this blogger very happy!

DD and I are back from St. Louis. It was a bit of a stressful trip because my poor little girl was sick the whole time. UGH! The night we got there we went to eat at a fantastic Mexican restaurant--Casa Gallardo. It's another of those places that I did not fully appreciate until I moved away. That night at about midnight she started moaning that her tummy hurt. Soon after that she barfed. Fun stuff, huh? It was one of those sicknesses that goes on and on and on. I dropped her off at my mom's house on Sunday so that I could go to the "Celebration of Life" that my Dad and Stepmom have every year near the anniversary of my little brother's accident. It's at a beautiful outdoor winery and it is a good time for everyone. Here I am with my dad at the party: I really thought DD was all better when I dropped her off, but it ended up she wasn't. Poor mom! I asked her if she had been able to have any fun with DD at all and she said "Actually, not really". If any of you know her, it had to be really bad for her to say that. So, this is pretty much how DD spent the trip:
The trip was still a great one though. I got to spend great, quality, relaxing time with my family and that is the most important thing we could have done. I also got to spend time with my dearest friend Debbie, who was my best bud all through high school. And DD and I were both healthy and happy for the plane ride home (big relief!)

My big brother Mike is here for nearly a week--so fun! My mom will be here soon, too. DS is being baptised on the 11th. Wow! I can't believe he is 8 already. He is such a great boy. I pray that I have taught him and prepared him for this step in his life.

If any of you know my friend Kari, her twins are here! She had them on Saturday and named them Jonathan and Julian. They're doing great and just came home. I can't wait to see them!

6 comments:

WillandTara said...

I WIN I WIN...I'm the first comment! Glad your back! And glad there is no more throw up.

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a fun trip if only for the sick little one.

But now you have to go leave me a comment, chicka!

Unknown said...

Yea for the trip -- eeww on the throw up. I am glad you are doing a comment day -- it got two people out of being lurkers to leave me a comment. I will probably never get another comment from them but that is okay!!
Talk to ya later -- we really need to go to lunch :)

Jaime said...

So sorry this is coming a day late! :( oh well better late than never though right? LOL... sounds like you had a nice trip which is good, sorry to hear your little one wasn't feeling well.
You are sooo right, it is sooo fun to have comments waiting to be read... so "thank you" for all of your nice comments you've left me on my blog!
Take care~ Jaime

Danette said...

Well since i have never left you a comment i will. I am such a bad friend.. Well poor hayden sicj the whole time. that is no fun. I hope you had s good trip anyways. your dad is a cute old man.. hope to see you soon....

kellie said...

So, I can totally hear you say that, "Leave a freaking comment, already!"