I’m the Tamamamma

Monday, October 13, 2008

DS's Special Day

In our religion (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints), children are baptised when they turn 8. This is considered the age of accountability for them.
Saturday was DS's baptism day--a very special day for him and our family. The baptism was at 9 in the morning--kind of early for all of the family that had to drive here. But, we have the best family in the world and they were all here. Here is DS and my husband right before:
DS has ALWAYS got to pull a face for a photo. I made him be a little more serious for the next pic I took.

I think my favorite memory was right after DS was done being baptised and right before the next boy came down into the water. I was feeling teary-eyed. I was feeling the Spirit so strongly along with love for my first-born. My sweet little 4-year-old daughter was standing in front of the font where she was able to see her brother's baptism better. She turned around and said in a very loud voice "Mommy, I don't want to go in da water because I can't bweath in dare!" I thought it was totally hilarious! But, being a good mommy, I told her to "Shhhhhhh!"

Here are the girls all dressed up in matching dresses from Nanna:
When we were all done at the church it was snowing outside. The next morning we had a couple of inches on the ground. It was really pretty. After the baptism we had everyone over to our house for a big breakfast of belgian waffles and breakfast casserole. It was a great day.

4 comments:

JJJAM&S said...

Oh, Congratulations! Can you believe that our little "Joyschoolers" are getting baptized??

Familia Peña said...

Hey Tamara,

It is hard to imagine that they grow up so fast! My oldest is driving!!!!!!!!!! Scary. I was able to see your mom while we were in St. Louis a few months ago. It was good to see everyone. We definitely have to get together.

Love ya
Darci

kellie said...

Yay! I found it. Disregard everything I said on your facebook!!!! You have such cute kids.

I need to stop talking and go and read the rest of your blog.

But, one more thing, I am so happy to hear from you. I have been wondering what you have been up too. You need to join the city of Joseph Cast Group on Facebook. I don't know a lot of the people there, but I did see some old familiar faces. We are headed out to St. Louis on Friday. We hope to take a day trip to Nauvoo on Monday or something. I am excited.

Britney said...

I am so glad I got to be at Harrison's baptism. Your girls looked so cute! Your blog is cute! Thanks for sending me the link. It's so fun seeing what you have done and what you are up to.