I’m the Tamamamma

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh, Snow!

Yep. We got some more snow. Yesterday afternoon it started snowing and the wind was totally crazy! We only ended up with a couple of inches, but it was the most treacherous snowstorm we've had this year because of the wind and the time of day that it hit. Our electricity kept flickering on and off. Then, at about 4:30 it went out and didn't come back on until 7:30. The kids were going bonkers (you know how kids get when the weather's doing something different). I called Kyle right before the electricity went out and asked him to pick up a pizza on the way home because I wasn't going to make it to the store in the snow. He left work at 5:30. He only works 15 minutes away. Well, he didn't make it home until after 8:30! There was a huge accident at our intersection (where Lehi main street meets Redwood Road) so no matter how he tried to get here the traffic was at a standstill. There were kids stuck at the local schools until late at night, as well as two school buses (from other schools) that were stuck out on roads with kids in them until late at night. It was nuts. I'm so glad spring will be here soon---I think!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you belive this? I am so glad I went home after your house and didn't leave again. NAthan was home about 30 minutes later. I have never been so happy to have my whole family home and going stir crazy. It was better that out on the roads.

Christina