I’m the Tamamamma

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Quilting 101

I always have some kind of creative obsession going on. Lately it's quilting. I'd made a couple of rag quilts before so I made another one of those for DD2 because I had never made one for her (the older two kids each have one made from denim and pieces of their baby receiving blankets). When I found the flannel for hers online, I just HAD to have it. I wish I had gotten more though. It is the perfect size for her but is pretty small and I couldn't give it a regular pattern like I had originally wanted to.
The backside isn't as pretty, but is very cuddly!
While I was making the rag quilt, the other two kids wanted me to make them something too. I was itching to try a real quilt, so I made one for DS. It ended up being about 4'x5' so I was able to do all of the top stitching on my machine. I love it!
I'll be making DD1 a quilt of her own next month. The fabric I want isn't available until February so I can't start until then. You can see it here. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me!! "I thought I would try this really hard thing and look how fabulous my quilts look!!" :) You are really amazing. I am really jealous.

Unknown said...

In that last comment the part in quotes needs to be read with a load of sarcasm. I reread it and realized it could come across like I thought you were bragging. I don't want it to sound bad. You know I LOVE YA!!!

Laura said...

Tam, They are beautiful! I'm with the utmomof 5, YOU SERIOUSLY ROCK! The fabric for your next creation is beautiful as well. Do you just order the quarters and then put your magic to work? I would LOVE to create something like this for Brooke for her upcoming baptism.

Kirsti said...

Very nice! I'm impressed. I don't think I have the patience for quilting and I admire those who do. Good work!

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

You are a wonder woman! You have all these crafty skills! How come I don't got any?...... Way cute!