I’m the Tamamamma

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Feeling Sad : (

Yesterday poor DD2 fell down the stairs. Poor thing! She was ok except for a tooth that she had bumped. It had moved back from its original position and it bled some. Unfortunately, it continued a slow bleed all through the day and night. It looked pretty gross this morning. I took her to the dentist today. They took an x-ray and it showed that the root was broken. The tooth needed to be removed. The dentist said that in the case of removing a front baby tooth, it was best to remove both. I think he said that it was best for the alignment of the other teeth and the permanent ones coming in later. Here are her teeth. You can totally see that the roots were broken off of the one tooth: (SORRY--IT'S GROSS)Now I just feel horrible! After watching her go through that and then wondering if I should have gotten a second opinion, I just feel sick. I can't really cry about it because the kids are all here and I don't want them to worry. I've really liked him as a dentist and have no reason not to trust his opinion. It was just such a whirlwind and I didn't really expect to have to have even one tooth pulled. Now I'm worried about speech development and all kinds of things. Ugh. I wish DH was home, even though he can't really do anything. It would just be good to have him here.

On a happier note, my final Christmas present. I love it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Haidydn!!! Stephanie sends her sad face to Haidyn (she is right here with me).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!! Where did you get that awesome frame!! I want one now!

Kari said...

I'm so sorry you feel bad about it! I totally know how you feel!! The only thing I would check into is getting some sort of spacer or something...anything that can keep the rest of the teeth from shifting forward...know what I mean? I love your pictures and the rod! They look fabulous! Did you put it up where your clipboards used to be by your table? I think that's where you had that family sign at!

wendy and brig said...

I am soooooooo sorry this happened! I know exactly how you feel. Emma knocked out her front tooth when she was two! I worried about her speech too, but the dentist told me that is won't effect it. It took me awile getting use to seeing one of her teeth gone in the front especially since she was so young, but now it just seems to fit her personality.
Sorry this happened. I hope she feels better soon.