I’m the Tamamamma

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday DS!

I can't believe it's been eight years! I was just reflecting today on the birth of my little guy--how it felt to bring home a brand new baby and be a new mother. That first night was rough, and I felt like a fish out of water. Now he is a happy 8 year old and I can't imagine life without him. He is such a fun, talented, kind, sensitive little man. I am thankful every day for each of my kids and the joy and growth they bring to my life.

We let him open most of his presents yesterday because it was a holiday and he would be able to really enjoy his new toys. He got several Lego sets, a Tomagatchi, and a brand new bike (that one was saved for this morning).
Here is his birthday cake. I discovered today that icing cakes is not one of my talents. I guess I need some more practice : )
Today was DD#2's first day back to preschool. She was so excited to go. Her teacher mailed her a letter a couple of weeks ago and she kept talking about giving it back to Miss Nicole as a gift. She has it in her hand in this picture.
I had 2 1/2 hours of time alone this morning. I went to the bank, went to the insurance office (we have to re-do everything we did six months ago to update our life insurance because our old agent is an idiot), went and got a new pair of shoes (yay, me!), and picked up McDonalds to take to DS for his birthday. It was fun--and DD had a great time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure is b-day season at your house!! Looks like he liked his presents. Yea for time alone!!

JJJAM&S said...

WOW! Harrison is so big now! He is such a handsome kiddo. I still remember him from our JOYSCHOOL times!