I’m the Tamamamma

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School and Carseat Make-Over

The kids had a great first day of school! DD#1 was excited but DS didn't want to go. He's always been a home-body, but once he gets out he always has a good time. Here's a picture of the two of them right before they left.The look on his face perfectly sums up his feelings about the first day of school : (

While they were gone I went down to Animal Control to look for our Mr. Whiskers, who's been missing for a week. I really miss him. He wasn't a very cuddly cat, but he was so cute and so funny. Needless to say, he wasn't there (Animal Control holds animals for 2 weeks before adopting them out, so if they found him, he would've been there). We figure he either got hit by a car (not super likely in our neighborhood), taken by someone, or he jumped in someone's car or truck and got driven away to somewhere (if you knew him, you know that this is a likely possibility).

I want another cat but I don't want to go through the neutering and all that, so I looked on ksl.com. I found a kitty that is neutered, lives with a dog, and is super cute that the owner has to give up because of asthma. DD and I are going up to meet him at lunchtime. If that works out, I'll post some pictures.

DD's carseat is pink and was getting pretty gross looking. I even tried bleaching the cover, but it still looked gray. Unfortunately, replacement car seat covers are nowhere to be found (they probably want you to just buy a new carseat). I found one cover on Graco's website, but it was totally ugly. So, I decided to be brave and try to fix the problem myself. I went and picked up a $4 fleece blanket at Target and sewed peices right onto the existing cover so that it would still be padded. Here it is!I am so excited about the way it turned out! I think I could do this as a little business, don't you? The actual seat part was the easiest, the armrests were a little trickier. My other kids want me to do their carseats too because hers is so soft now.

4 comments:

wendy and brig said...

Wow! I am impressed! I didn't know you were so talented with sewing. Was it hard? It looks like you just got the carseat out of the box. Way to go.
P.S. I love to read your blog because I know it is going to be updated with something new.

*Jane Lee* said...

That carseat cover is TOTALLY CUTE! You could seriously go into business with that! Great job!

Kari said...

Whoa! When you told me about the fleece blanket I couldn't picture how it would turn out! It's looks great! Good job, and a $4 fix, much cheaper than the ugly replacement cover!! :)

Brooke S said...

What a clever little momma you are... A personalized card seat.. Sweet!