I’m the Tamamamma

Sunday, February 12, 2012

More Quilting

I finished the top for one quilt and got the pieces cut for a second. It's been fun, and I think that by the time I'm done I'll be over the quilting "bug" for a bit. Hopefully to move on to getting some digital scrapbooking done because I am soooo behind!

Here's the entire top for the "Sea of Galilee" quilt:
And the layout for my warm colors/cool colors quilt. I only had to put about $11 into fabric for it since most of it came from my scrap stash.
Can't wait to see both of the quilts completely done and ready for cuddling.

H1 got to go on a fun field trip this week to Junior Achievement's BizTown. His class spent a lot of time preparing by learning about how businesses run, finances, and a lot of other things. They even interviewed for jobs. H1 was the CEO of Questar Gas. On the day of the trip, they played out a mock business day, complete with paying off loans, earning money, paying utilities, and buying things. He spent his "money" on this hat. He had a great time.
H2 insisted I take a pic of her doing one of her tricks, so here she is!
We were going to go to the museum yesterday, but H2 had a very croupy cough. Bummer. We just finished reading a book as a family about Leonardo Da Vinci and we were going to visit the new Leonardo museum downtown. Maybe next weekend! She had to miss cheer practice also. We ended up going out to lunch while DH and H1 went jeeping with DH's nephew.

1 comments:

Laura said...

YOU are amazing! I love the quilts! I love the Sea of Galilee and the "curves." The scrap pieced quilt looks like a project that I would love to conquer someday! You rock! Love reading about your family! Have a great long weekend! ~Laura