I’m the Tamamamma

Monday, February 6, 2012

Life as Usual

Nothing too exciting going on around here this last week. Last Monday I took a field trip with my 6th grade class (I'm a teacher's aide). We went to the planetarium. The star show and Hubble 3D movie were fun. I didn't particularly enjoy the bus ride though.

On Saturday we went to a model train show. It was a bit of a snooze-fest for me, since we had gone to one last year. I couldn't believe how crowded it was! Afterwards, we went by DH's sister's pet shop. There were baby bunnies that we got to hold. They were precious. There was also a sweet chihuahua that I fell in love with, but no more dogs for us right now. The one that we have leaves enough hair all over the house as it is (but he's totally worth it).

On Sunday we went to church and it was the most crowded I've ever seen it. We got there 5 minutes early and took the last spots available in the choir seating.....everything else was already full. People had to listen from out in the hall. I'm sure we'll have a split soon. It was especially bad because there were 3 baby blessings. I try to focus on how great it is that there are so many people that make church a part of their day on Sundays. Here's the view from up on the stand where we sat:

I'm finishing up a quilt that I started quite a while ago. I finally got the piecing done for the top. I'll have to put a wide white sashing around it because I've run out of fabric and it's not as big as I want it. The pattern is a classic quilt pattern called "Sea of Galilee". I love the way it gives the optical illusion of curved lines even though everything in it is straight.
This is what I want to tackle next. I found it on Pinterest. Gorgeous! It will be a great way to use up all of the scraps of pretty fabric I have accumulated

0 comments: