I’m the Tamamamma

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Aaaaaah.......Free Time

A little of it anyway. A little can go a long way! I've been busy organizing and getting household projects done. Here are a few:

I finished DD1's quilt for her bed!

I've canned a full box of pears, some tomatoes from the garden, and frozen most of my two boxes of peaches. Mmmmmmm......
I put together a small quilt for my brother and his new wife (so if either of you are reading this, I hope you like it!). This one's going to be hard to give away--I love the colors!
I organized our wee pantry and installed shelves on the interior of the door.

Tink (our new kitty) has been visiting during the afternoons for a few days. She's a little small to leave her mommy entirely and this gives her a chance to get used to the new environment. The kids are having a ball with her. She's so tiny!
Yesterday she crawled between the fridge and our cabinets and fell asleep there for a while! I think it felt very cozy to her and she didn't have to worry about the kids wanting to touch her. You can tell how little she is by comparing her to the crayon on the floor--the gap here is so little that the broom won't even reach back there (thus, the stray crayon).

Now, backtracking to another important event:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE GUY!

9 years old! He had a great day. We let him stay home a little bit in the morning while we played with some of his toys. He didn't mind missing a bit of school at all : ). Then he had friends over to play in the afternoon. Dinner was his choice--spaghetti!
This is an awsome toy! And the best part is, I just happened upon it in the clearance aisle at Target a while back. DS loves to build, so this is perfect for him. He is such a sweetheart--after opening each gift, he held it up and smile for the camera. The boy knows his Mamma!
He also got a few Magnext sets--more building!
I don't know who loves this toy more, DS or DH!
And for DS, it just wouldn't be a birthday without a new video game!
Another favorite was the knock-off brand iPod that he got with the money his grandparents gave him. It's a video and mp3 player. That will sure come in handy on our big family vacation to Silver Dollar City next month. Happy birthday, baby boy!

1 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love the quilt!!!!! Wowzers, you have been busy. What can I say? I am impressed. I would change your title though to...."Aaaaaah......Creative Talent at it's best!
I am so excited about the family reunion. I know that we are all going to have so much fun! Looking forward to being all together!