I’m the Tamamamma

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Official----Blurb Rocks!

Yay! My book came today. I am totally pleased with the results. I chose the least expensive size, I think it's 7x7. I upgraded the binding some. It's a hard, imagewrap cover which comes with library binding. It ended up costing $35. I got lucky because they were offering free shipping at the time. The only thing I would change is the cover--I wish I had designed a better cover, but oh well.

Check it out--here's the front coverAnd the back cover:

And some of the inside pages (there are 100 pages):Here's my little project for today--neighbor gifts. I wasn't even sure I was going to do any neighbor gifts this year, but when I saw this on another blog somewhere I decided to try it. I dipped the marshmallows in a glaze made of powdered sugar and a bit of water. I scraped the excess glaze off and dipped the marshmallow in crushed candy cane. I'm handing them out with packets of hot chocolate. It was super easy, just what I needed.

8 comments:

Kirsti said...

Your book looks great! I'm so glad it turned out so nicely! Makes me even more motivated to get mine done.

Cassie Gardner said...

Wow, your book looks great! I can't believe that all cost you only $35! You should bring it up to the famiy party so I can get a better look at it! :) We're excited to see you all!

Britney said...

Wow! Your book is awesome! I am so glad you posted it!

Unknown said...

hey-we have a recipe for homemade hot cocoa mix that we make up for the neighbors if your ever interested-stef

Unknown said...

Love it!! That is on my list of things to do :) I did one book from pictures of our trip to the Carribean. Way easier than scrapbooking :)

Yanilza Groberg said...

Thank you for the gift! I was visiting teaching when you guys came by. When I got home we had your delicious hot chocolate with marshmallows!!! Awesome idea.

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Cute book! I just love it! And I love the marshmallow treat as well! You are so creative!

Hollie said...

That is awesome! I started a book on blurb, but I never finished it. So, do you just submit your blog and then they do the rest?