I’m the Tamamamma

Monday, August 10, 2009

Farewell Little Mosey

Most of you know about the fate of my poor, cute kitty, Mosey. So, this is really more for me and for our family history than for anyone who might read it. Just a little rememberance of one of my favorite pets.
I know Mosey was "just a cat", but he was sure cute and a great little companion. The fact that he liked me best and the circumstances surrounding his demise have made his departure pretty emotional for me. More than if he had just "dissapeared" and never come back home like our previous kitty.

I picked him up in Salt Lake about a year ago--his owner had developed asthma due to cat allergies, so he had to go. (She is a follower of this blog--I hope this doesn't make her too sad).

We put him in the crate to go home with us, and he was so mad he wouldn't even look at us. Major cattitude. It was hard to get him to warm up to us--he hid under the couches for weeks. Here he is in one of his better early moments when he actually graced us with his presence. However, he was still so upset that his pupils were constantly dialated, which explains the glowing eyes in this picture.During this time before he warmed up to us, he showed interest in going outside, so we let him explore a bit. He had a little "adventure", and when he came back it was as if he had always lived with us. These are some of the things I miss:

I miss him curling up against me at night.

I miss seeing him in his favorite cuddly spots

I miss him sleeping on my printer while I play on the computer

I miss him liking me more than anyone else

I miss him kneading my tummy while I read

I even miss him walking on my keyboard while I'm trying to type

Anyway, the poor little guy got hit by a truck last week. A neighbor saw it and came to get me, so I saw him at his worst moments. I'm glad to know what happened to him, but the memories of him there are lingering. I wish I had just kept him indoors all of the time. Once a kitty gets a taste of the outdoors, they are hard to keep in. He really liked to go out for a few days and then come back in for a week or so.

That same neighbor just had two litters of kittens last Monday, so we've enjoyed going out to see the kitties and have even picked one out. I picked one that looks like Mosey, but it's a girl because I promised DD1 we'd have a girl pet sometime (and picking out a collar for a girl is more fun--I know, I'm a nerd!). We've named her Tinkerbell. We can't have her for at least another month, but it will be fun for the kids to see her grow. She will definitely be an INDOOR kitty! Hopefully she will love Smuckers.

If you've ever had a kitty, you'll love the "Simon's Cat" videos. Here's my favorite. Makes me laugh every time : )

In other news, we've had some crazy wind storms lately! Last Wednesday we were having dinner when the wind started. The haziness in the picture is dust. Yuck! The house in the center of the photo is where the kitties are, and the accident happened right in front of that.Our patio table has about 20 tiles in it, and they all were blown out. Luckily only 3 were broken. We actually bought that table because we live in an area that gets a lot of wind and we figured that tiles would be easier to replace than a glass top. We also had heavy patio chairs go rolling across the lawn--and luckily they stopped before going through the fence!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sad for you and the cat! I remember when you got him. Glad you found a new little kitten to adopt and I love her name :)


Let's do lunch after school starts w/o any kids! Is DD2 in morning or afternoon?