I’m the Tamamamma

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Something to Show and Not Much to Tell

I haven't posted in quite a while! Things are good with us. We are dying for the spring weather to arrive. I have plants sitting in my kitchen waiting for the weather to warm up.

I've started a new blog called "Tried and Tasty Recipes" (link is to the left). Anyone who wants to can contribute to the blog--the more the merrier. If you'd like to contribute, just let me know and I'll send you an invite so that you can post. The goal of the blog is to create a collection of recipes that are easy (for the most part) and GOOD! We're all tired of making the same things every week and trying things that may not turn out well. This blog should take some of the guesswork out of it : ). Besides, I love learning from other people's ideas.

My little project today was for my neice Tiffany who is expecting a baby. I'll be seeing her in June and she won't know if the baby is a boy or a girl yet, so I wanted to make her a gender-neutral baby gift. Kari has made some super cute baby blankets for her twins and I wanted to try doing one myself. I found a good tutorial for this style of blanket here. They're so easy and so cute! I used the extra material to make a matching burp rag and binkie holder. We have some more babies coming to the family, so I'm sure I'll be making more of these. Picking fabric is just so fun!

0 comments: