I’m the Tamamamma

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Home Improvement Overload!



I have not blogged in so long--and it's because my life has been taken over by painting projects! I had ideas about how I wanted the kids' rooms to look and I didn't want to do one without the others. I wouldn't want any of the kids to feel left out. So, a full week and a half later, I am finally done with the painting portion of the project. Yay! I am soooo sore and soooo tired! I even had to paint the ceilings because the entire house (ceiling included) was originally the mocha brown color that you can still see in the last picture.


In my daughter's room (the yellow and purple), we'll be putting up a white chair-rail. In my son's room we'll be putting up white trim where the dark blue meets the light blue. In the light green room, I'll be putting up pink damask wallpaper where the brown panels are. Then we'll put white trim around each of those panels. I'm still waiting for the wallpaper to arrive at the store, but you can see it here.
Now that this much is done, I like to just stare at their rooms. Paint makes such a difference! Tommorrow I'm going to enjoy NOT painting for the first time in many days!
My mom is coming for a visit in a week! Yay! We're going up to Park City for a girl's night out. She'll only be here for the weekend, but I'm soooo looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lookin good!! I can't wait to see it in person tomorrow. Matt is just fine -- big faker :)

Kirsti said...

Looks awesome! Good work!

Jamie said...

Looks awesome! I'm going to use the stripes idea for Kali's room. I hope I can pull it off like you did!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

It looks great! We have been doing some home improvements also. It is so time consuming but worth it in the end.