I’m the Tamamamma

Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh Little Town of Bethlehem

One of my favorite holiday traditions is setting up this little (literally!) town of Bethlehem that my mom bought us at Costco about 8 years ago. I love it and I love letting the kids play with it (although a few of our little people have died tragic deaths in the hands of my children). It lights up and everything. As long as the Holy Family stays intact, I'll be happy because that's the most improtant part.
The girls built a snowman outside with Daddy yesterday while I shoveled (which, by the way, is my favorite form of excercise!). They named him Kyle. We took bets on how long it would take him to fall over. He looks like he's doing yoga after a bit of melting, but he's still standing!
Backing up to Halloween, I wanted to post our creepy little apple faces. Each of us carved one and then let them dry up. It was fun checking on them each day to see how different they looked as they dried ( and by the way, that's not mold, it's just the core):






3 comments:

Meadow said...

We have both the Playmobil and Little People nativity sets and Hazel love, love, loves them. Especially the Little People. She was crazy excited when we got them out this season and has rearranged them multiple times. They are adorable and kid-proof.

Also, your apple heads are awesome.

Laura said...

I love this tradition of yours. Nativities are the best, and a good mom lets the people die tragic deaths as the children play with them! ~Laura

Unknown said...

I love your little town!!!! So cute. This year I finally got a nativity the kids could touch!!


Love the apple faces -- I am going to remember that one.